CATPA COWMUNNICATOR – July 21/22 -IMPORTANT INFO FOR THE WEEKEND
- Start time is 8:30.
- There will not be a potluck at this show.
- The plan is to hold the show in the outdoor arena so please bring appropriate clothing in case of showers.
- Posters have been made regarding our finals and they will be available this weekend.
- It was decided at the board meeting on Monday, July 16th that we could now relax the “no late entries” rule that we had been put in place to assist our show staff. This message was to be conveyed to members in a timely fashion and I (Beckie Nickerson) take full responsibility for not doing that prior to the closure of the entries. Limited additional entries may be added at this time and once the draw has been made for the class, they will be placed at the end of the class.
- SEE YOU AT THE SHOW.
CATPA COWMUNNICATOR – MAY 21 , 2018
ENTRIES ARE CLOSING AT 8PM ON TUESDAY, MAY 22 – NO LATE ENTRIES OR AT THE SHOW.
- At this show, the 3 plus class will be held right after the youth class. It is draw and has two, 1 or 2 numbered riders, plus a mentor rider. Entry is $25 for the 1’s / 2’s and $10 for the mentors. There are 2 goes and payout of 100%. It is an opportunity to ride with some higher numbered riders.
- No potluck dinner or mystery event at this show.
- Those penners who have their own pens set up for their horses will be charged a $10 fee. Please also clean up after your horses in your area.
- We will be outside as it appears the weather is going to cooperate.
- Entry to the parking area at Robson arena will be off of the service road next to the blue oil tank. There is no parking in the yard.
- There will be a concession outside.
SEE EVERYONE AT THE SHOW
CATPA COWMUNNICATOR – April 30, 2018
- The CATPA board apologizes for the lengthy delay in proceeding with the open half-back at our show on Sunday. This was in no way the fault of any of our staff as they work incredibly hard to make our shows a fun and fair event for all of our members. The board takes responsibility for the delay and please be assured that this situation will be addressed prior to our next show in May. We thank all of you for your patience and can only hope you will trust us to deliver on this commitment.
- Congratulations to all of the winners and thanks to everyone in attendance for making this weekend a successful event. It is so good to hear people cheering for the teams and enjoying themselves. Hats off to all of you.
- Entries are now open for the next show on May 26 and 27 at Robson Arena.
Your CATPA Board of Directors
CATPA COWMUNNICATOR – April 28/29 -IMPORTANT INFO FOR THE WEEKEND
- Start time is 8:30.
- Potluck dinner to follow the last event of the day. We welcome a variety of foods such as salads, meat dishes, desserts or appetizers. Projected start time will be approximately 5:00 to 5:30. Please join us.
- To honor the Humboldt Broncos, right after the 10 class we will be taking a group picture to send to the team. Please bring a hockey jersey if you have one or wear something green.
- The “Mystery Event” will be the last class of the day. Take a chance and enter this fun-filled, draw event, for only $20. There will be 2 goes and 80% payout.
- Warm-ups will be outside as the weather is cooperating.
- 1 and 2 penners, make sure you also enter the 3 Plus Class. It is draw and has two, 1 or 2 numbered riders, plus a mentor rider. Entry is $25 for the 1’s / 2’s and $10 for the mentors. There are 2 goes and payout of 100%. It is an opportunity to ride with some higher numbered riders.
- The volunteer board will be near the office and you can sign up for this show as well as the next one.
SEE YOU AT THE SHOW.
2018 Rules and Regulations are now updated posted
Charlie Memorial Penning Results:
1st Place: Josie Abraham, Lauren Oblack, Courtney Davis
2nd Place: Ron Marcinek, Courtney Davis, Ben Thorlakson
3rd Place: Greg Sokolik, Micaela Cheek, Charmaine Prince
4th Place: Darlene RAe, Micaela Cheek, Tom Thorlakson
5th Place: Judy Davis, Jeannette Wilk, Josie Abraham
High Point Rider: Courtney Davis
Reserve High Point Rider: Graham Armstrong
High Point Youth Rider: Lauren Oblak
An amazing after penning dinner and drinks!
I just want to thank everyone who was involved in the memorial penning this past weekend whether you were a participant, judge, friend, family member, announcer, photographer, cook or anyone who was involved. It was great to see so many smiles and hear so many laughs. I was able to capture most of the awards that were presented. I do apologize if I missed anything. I will say that although I did not know Charlie from the stories that were told I’m sure he would have been proud with the event that was put on in his honor. (Mike Sibbald)
2018 Membership Forms are now posted. Remember you get a discounted rate until February 28th, 2018.
If you would like more rating tags – they are $5.00 and can be ordered on your membership form.
March 17th & 18th, 2018 – The Bullpen, Airdrie, AB
April 28th & 29th, 2018 – The Bullpen, Airdrie, AB
May 26th & 27th, 2018 – Robson Arena, Carstairs, AB
June 16th & 17th, 2018 – Oberlin Stables, Stettler, AB
July 21st & 22nd, 2018 – Robson Arena, Carstairs, AB
August 25th & 26th2018 – FINALS – The Bullpen, Airdrie, AB
Congratulations to all of the CATPA members who placed in the Nationals this weekend, especially Laura Kokesch who won the 7 class with her BC friends Angela Pigeon and Laurie Anderson. It was a wonderful event and great to see such good representation from our club.
Awards and Photos are all posted!
I know that many of our members are concerned about the volunteer levy and that the tasks might not be something they would choose to do. Please look at list of just a few of the items below that we will need help with throughout the year and think about how you may be willing to support the club. For the most part, many of you are helping in various ways already.
- Opening and closing the gate for the riders.
- Settling cattle.
- Putting up or taking down banners.
- Cleaning up bottles and garbage at the end of the show.
- Organizing the stall assignment for one show.
- Assisting with the medical team in case of an incident.
- Timing, announcing, or judging the youth classes.
- Helping at the year end celebration.
- Putting up orders of go etc. for the office staff.
- Running judging sheets to the office.
Because CATPA is putting on all of the shows ourselves this year, the volunteers are an important and essential part of the team. We appreciate everyone’s effort.
TWO PLUS CLASS-FUN! FUN! FUN!
In the spirit of having a bit of fun, some of the penning organizations have implemented what is called a “2 PLUS” class. This is strictly a draw class, with two number 1 penners riding with a higher numbered penner. The #1s pay the regular $25 entry fee and the higher number pays $10. The payouts are 35% to each of the #1’s and 30% to the higher number. There are no cattle charges for the class, it is a jackpot event with 80% payout. We will take entries on the Saturday of the first show and run the class after the 5 class. Those who have participated tell us that it is a great class and one that you would want to be a part of.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ENTER YOUR TEAM ON THE ENTRY PAGE BECAUSE YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE DROP DOWN LIST PLEASE EMAIL IT TO email@example.com SO WE CAN MAKE SURE WE HAVE ENOUGH CATTLE FOR THE SHOW WHEN WE GET OUR TOTAL NUMBERS TOGETHER
Due to insurance reasons, memberships MUST be paid before anyone is to enter the arena at any show. This includes warming up. So please if you have not already, be sure to get your membership forms filled out and in ASAP.
Hope to see you at the show.
To All Members:
The CATPA board would like to ask if there are members who have valuable medical skills should there be an unfortunate incident at any of our shows. If you possess any skills of this nature and would like to be part of a team to assist in the event of an emergency, please let us know. It would certainly be an opportunity to meet your volunteer hours. Thanks and let us know if you are willing to be a part of this important team. Thanks so much for your support in this important endeavor.