JUNE 15 ANTICIPATED RIDER ALPHA LIST
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
BULLETIN – JUNE 11, 2019
CATPA COWMUNNICATOR – June 11, 2019
START TIME IS 9 AM
- DIRECTIONS TO OBERLIN STABLES: Find Erksine on a map.(It is west of Stettler) Coming from the east, go 1.6 km west of Erskine to RR 21-2 then turn south for 2.4 km. The Blue sign is 38445 21-2. Coming from the west, at the highway 11 and 12 junction, go 4.8 km east on highway 12 to RR 21-2.
- There will be“Pig Roast” pot luck on Saturday after the show and the meat and baked potatoes will be generously supplied by Oberlin Stables. Our good friend and competitor, Darren Schweiger and his company “West Country RV Rentals” will be supplying the expertise for cooking this meal to perfection. Please bring an accompaniment or dessert to add to the meal.
- All dogs must be on leashes at all times.
- This will be an outside show, so come prepared for all seasons, spring, summer, and potentially winter. Remember it is Alberta and the weather forecasters are not to be trusted.
- For those coming Friday evening, Brad Richardson has agreed to cook your meat if you bring some and will also provide baked potatoes. Let him know if you are going to join the pot luck so he has enough potatoes for all. Please bring something to share as well.
- The awards banquet this year will not be held at the finals show, but will be held on September 7th at Mountain view hall, near Didsbury. There will be more details to follow, but save this date.
- The finals themselves will be held on August 24 and 25 with the AGM being held sometime that weekend as well. It will be a two day show and the format has not been finalized. There will be a Century and ½ class sponsored by Sherry and Bev Mailer. More details will follow.
See you this weekend!
BULLETIN – MAY 22, 2019
CATPA COWMUNNICATOR – MAY 20, 2019
9AM START TIME
- There will be a potluck supper on Saturday following the show, so please bring your favorite food to share with the group. Plates and cutlery will be supplied.
- The show is scheduled to be outdoors at this time. We had a strong message at the last AGM that our members wanted more outdoor shows.
- The stall situation is as follows: Kurt has provided 18 additional outside stall and has 9 inside stalls. He is requesting that there be NO PANELS used. PLEASE REBOOK ALL STALLS ON firstname.lastname@example.org AND DISREGARD THE BOOKING ON EPENNER
- Don’t forget that both Junior and Senior Youth Classes have funding from our friend Charlie Young to purchase “Becker Buckles” for the year end and finals awards. These are very prestigious and beautiful so bring out your kids and grandkids to compete.
- We are hoping to have a concession but we will post this later in the week.
YOU BE THE JUDGE:
QUESTION FROM LAST EDITION: HERD HOLDERS ARE TO SPLIT PAIRS WHEN POSSIBLE? TRUE OR FALSE
FALSE: HERDHOLDERS ATTEMPTING TO DISTURB THE HERD – SPLITTING PAIRS OR BURYING UNUSED NUMBERS WILL BE CALLED FOR “UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT.”
QUESTION FOR THIS EDITION: JUDGES AND LINE OFFICIALS ARE ABLE TO COACH RIDERS OR TELL THEM WHAT NUMBERS RE LEFT.
TRUE OR FALSE
2019 Show Dates
March 16, 17 – The Bull Pen
April 20, 21 – The Bull Pen
May 25, 26 – Kurt Robson’s
June 15,16 – Oberlin Stables
July 20, 21- Kurt Robson’s
August 24, 25 Finals – Kurt Robson’s